Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Too many bowl games!

I am watching the MAACO Bowl.  Boise State -- a very good football team, probably should be playing in January against an undisciplined Arizona State.  Yesterday, I watched TCU play La Tech in the Poinsettia Bowl.  Better yet, on Tuesday, I watched Marshall and Florida International play in the Beef O'Brady Bowl.  I have no idea what Beef O'Brady is -- it seems to be a chain of sports bar's / pubs, according to their website (http://www.beefobradys.com/Default.aspx).

Do we need a Beef O'Brady Bowl?  I guess if it is making money, it is ok.  But there are 32 bowls.  I think every team that won 6 or more games against Division I teams is in a bowl.  Why?  I am watching the bowls played to a lot of empty seats.

After today, I think I will watch only a few bowls.  I will watch the championship game, and I watch the Sugar Bowl.  Sugar Bowl because I am a Hokie Graduate.  I was shocked when we got the bid, I did not think we deserved it, but we did and I will watch it.


And I may watch Saturday's American Standard Toilet Bowl at Redskin Stadium, but that is an NFL game featuring two bad teams: the 2-12 Vikings and the 5-9 Redskins.


1 comment:

  1. I thought Boise State was playing on Saturday....No wonder everyone was wearing orange and blue yesterday....Congrats Boise State.

    ReplyDelete